Someone recently dug out and emailed me one of Jim Lane’s 2008 campaign mailers. Here’s what it says:
Ten Reasons to Vote for Jim Lane:
- More openness at City Hall. Fewer secret meetings and behind-closed-door decision-making.
- Better protection of taxpayers’ money. No more Toll Brothers or Hualapai or other mistakes that have cost us so much money.
- Better regional leadership. Fight to get a better share of the Regional Transportation tax on which we now receive a pathetic 23 cents back for every dollar we pay.
- Honesty regarding the Mountain Preserve. We all want it finished but how are we going to pay as much as $2 billion for it?
- Common sense and affordable traffic solutions. Synchronized traffic lights, pull-out lanes for trolleys and buses, right turn lanes at busy intersections.
- Positive and fair business environment. Cut red tape and bureaucratic roadblocks to business owners, treat businesses large and small equally and fairly.
- Include residents in the decision-making process. Revitalize our Citizen Boards and Commissions, include everyone and exclude no one.
- Real long-term planning and leadership. Stop being completely reactive and start creating the future we all want.
- Stop waste and inefficiency in city government. Rigorous, regular and open reviews of all city programs, departments and top employees including the Mayor’s Office.
- Protect the Scottsdale brand. Open, honest government; widespread citizen involvement; fair business rules and practices; strong guardian of taxpayers’ hard-earned money; respect for every resident; unify competing interests for the benefit of everyone.
Vote for JIM LANE for Mayor on September 2 .
WE DESERVE BETTER. WE CAN DO BETTER.